Friday, August 19, 2011

Conan the Movie

I just came from seeing this movie called Conan the Barbarian.  It's a semi-decent sword and sorcery flick about this guy who has these adventures.  He just happens to be named Conan.

Interestingly enough, one of my favorite writers, Robert E. Howard, also created a sword and sorcery character named Conan who goes around having all these adventures.

Other than some place names, there's not much more in common than that.

I've got to pack up the van for one last short summer jaunt before school starts for my son on Monday.  I'll write a more detailed review sometime in the next few days.  I doubt anything I have to say will have any impact on how well the film does, but I do want my thoughts to be coherent.  I will say that the movie wasn't as bad as I feared (an advantage to setting your expectations really low) but not as good as I'd hoped.  I'll elaborate on the semi-decent remark in the full blown review.

No comments:

Post a Comment