Monday, December 3, 2012

Bradley P. Beaulieu Short Story Collection Kickstarter

Just a quick note.  I don't ordinarily promote a lot of projects from Kickstarter here on the blog, although I do review some (such as here, here, and here).  However, to every rule there are usually exceptions.  This is going to be one of them.  Bradley P. Beaulieu is one of my favorite writers to have appeared in recent years.  Look here, here, and here for details about why I think that.  But for this post, let me just say the man can write character and plot and sense of wonder and make it look easy. 

I got an email from him a few hours ago announcing a Kickstarter campaign to collect all of his short fiction, with stretch goals to include new stories set in the world of The Winds of Khalakovo.  If it were a manly thing, I would swoon or squee or something.  Instead, consider a loud roar of triumph to have been roared.

If you've read Beaulieu's stuff, you'll want this collection.  The nice thing about this one is that the rewards listed have reasonable pledge amounts, unlike some projects.  So if you think you might be interested, head over here and check it out.  I'd really like to read those Khalakovo stories.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something to check out. I haven't read any of his work

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's added electronic copies of The Winds of Khalakovo and The Straits of Galahesh as stretch goals, so if you want copies of them, here's your chance.

    ReplyDelete