Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm Now Blogging for Amazing Stories (TM)



As promised earlier, here is the individual press release that accompanies the general press release in the previous post.   I'll have more to say about what this means for me and this blog later in my next post.

Amazing Stories, the world's first science fiction magazine, opens for Beta Testing of Phase 1 on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013.

Fifty+ Writers Sign On to provide genre-related content!

Experimenter Publishing Company
Hillsboro, NH
December 20, 2012


On Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013, I will be joined by more than 50 other writers from around the blogosphere to help launch the Beta Test of Phase 1 of the return of Amazing Stories.

Amazing Stories was the world's first science fiction magazine.  Published by Hugo Gernsback, the Father of Science Fiction, the magazine created the genre's first home and was instrumental in helping to establish science fiction fandom the fandom from which all other fandoms have evolved.

The magazine itself ceased publication in 2005; in 2008 the new publisher, Steve Davidson, discovered that the trademarks had lapsed and applied for them.  The marks were finally granted in 2011.

Phase 1 introduces the social networking aspects of the site and the Blog Team, more than 50 authors, artists, collectors, editors, pod casters, designers and bloggers who will address 14 different subjects on a regular basis SF, Fantasy & Horror literature, anime, gaming, film, television, the visual arts, audio works, the pulps, comics, fandom, science and publishing.  

Those wishing to participate in the Beta Test should request an invite by emailing the publisher, Steve Davidson.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's going to be quite the resurrection! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, everyone. I'll post later today or tonight about what my blog there will be focusing on and how that will change the emphasis of this one. I'm packing to leave to spend Christmas with my parents at the moment and don't think I'll have time to get it written before I have to pick up the rest of the family and leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, man! That sounds like an interesting gig. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, Keith! I look forward to reading your stuff there. -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    --Jason Thummel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys. I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete