Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Next Few Days

I've got several things planned for the next few days.  First, earlier today I've was given the go-ahead to announce Sooper Seekrit Project #1 tomorrow (12:01 am EST).  This will come in the form of two press releases, followed by a post on how the things announced will change Adventures Fantastic and Futures Past and Present.  (The first change went live yesterday:  a new logo at the top of the page.)  The first press release will be a general one, followed by a press release specific to me.  I'll make these separate posts.  Since I'll be traveling to visit family for Christmas tomorrow, I'll probably post the press releases tonight.  My follow-up will go live within 24 hours of that.

I'm almost done with The Dead of Winter by Lee Collins, which will be the next novel I review.  This is one of the best novels I've read all year.  If you're a fan of westerns, especially weird westerns, this is one you'll want to read.  (I'm looking at you, David and Charles.)  The book is an excellent example of misdirection.  When I hit the big twist, I had to admit that all the clues were there, I'd picked up on them, and still didn't put things together.  That review probably won't go live until Saturday. 

And speaking of Christmas, I'll be writing about some seasonal short stories.  That should be up by the end of the weekend.

After that, it'll probably be short fiction reviews and commentary on this site for next week, with at least one novel review over at Futures Past and Present.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to that review Keith - have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, David. I just finished the book a few minutes ago. I should have the review up tomorrow.

      Have a good Christmas, as well.

      Delete
  2. I read an arc of this DoW, Keith. Just haven't gotten around to a review yet.

    ReplyDelete